ATA Event Policies
ATA Registered Event Rules
- All Menard County Sportsman's Club hosted registered ATA events will be governed by ATA rules.
- MCSC event management reserves the right to refuse any entry without explanation or cause the withdrawal of any shooter who may, in their opinion, be interfering with the harmony of the shoot.
- MCSC event management reserves the right to cancel or change the program in case of inclement weather.
- MCSC event management reserves the right to disqualified any shooter for any event (or for the entire program), who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs or consumes any alcoholic beverage or drugs before starting or during any event, sub-event, shoot-off, or practice.
Traps and Targets
- Pat-Trap automatic throwers will be used on all fields.
- Wireless Cantebury voice releases will be used on all fields.
- White Flyer Orange Dome Targets will be thrown.
- Targets will be set at the beginning of each event day.
- Targets can be reset by MCSC event management at any point before or during any event or sub-event.
- No shooter may win more than one trophy per event. (Example: If a AA class shooter wins the High Gun trophy for a Singles event, the second place AA shooter will be awarded the AA class champion trophy.)
- See Special Categories for explanation of trophy award/shoot-off eligibility for category shooters.
- In case of a tie, trophies will be awarded by shoot-off (or by coin flip by agreement of all shoot-off participants). Length and format of shoot-offs are at the discretion of MCSC event management.
- Added money prizes will only be awarded for Doubles events with 10 or more entries and Singles & Handicap events with 20 or more entries.
- No shooter may win more than one added money prize per event. (Example: If a AA class shooter wins the High Gun added money prize for a Singles event, the second place AA shooter will be awarded the AA class added money prize.)
- In case of a tie, added money prizes will be divided.
MCSC Perpetual Purse
- Shooters must enter the MCSC Perpetual Purse for each Handicap event to qualify for perpetual purse payouts
- If a Perpetual Purse participant scores a perfect 25 on two or more traps in the Handicap event, they will receive half of the value of the applicable trap combination(s) posted on the Perpetual Purse board in the MCSC clubhouse at the start of the event day.
- In case of ties, Perpetual Purse payouts will be divided.
Special Categories (Lady, Veteran, Junior, etc)
- A shooter must declare which special category in which they wish to compete at the time of classification.
- A shooter may only declare one special category
- Any category shooter who is tied for event champion (High Gun) may shootoff for the event championship trophy. If a shooter fails to win the championship trophy and has declared a special category at classification, the shooter will fall back to compete in the special category. Any category shooter whose score quaulifies for any trophy in their declared category will compete for the category trophy and not for class or yardage group trophies. Any category shooter whose score does not qualify for a trophy in their declared category may compete for class or yardage group trophies.
Questions and Disputes:
All disputes will be resolved by MCSC Event management.